Matter Haus -
I do this for fun.
5% of sales from my designs will be donated to deserving causes.
This includes donations to charitable organisations and contributions to other not for profits.
- Hamlin Fistula Relief and Aid Fund funding the treatment and prevention of obstetric fistulas suffered by women in developing countries.
- OpenSCAD supporting ongoing development of the free software which allows me to produce my designs.
- The Internet Archive "Our mission is to provide Universal Access to All Knowledge."
- Wikipedia - I suspect you know about this one...
I had been interested in 3D modelling for some time as an IT guy. But after invalidity retirement I was limited in the things I could physically make. However with the advent of 3D modelling there is practically no limit to what can now be made. As an IT guy, I found the OpenSCAD
programmable 3D modelling software a perfect match. I had been investigating REPRAP style
3D Printers, when I discovered a Kickstarter for a cheap 3D Printer kit
, so I put my money down.
That was the beginning of my journey to Shapeways. I developed a holder for my Dyson Handstick/Cordless vacuum, which I shared
for others to use. Someone without access to a printer wanted one, so I gifted one for a donation to the Red Cross. As there seemed like a demand, I came across Shapeways, made the holder available, and it grew from there. So now it is a serious hobby providing a creative pursuit and a sense of accomplishment, and hopefully helping you with practical designs to meet common problems.
Most of my designs are produced using the Free Software OpenSCAD
, a programmable 3D modelling tool. If you program it may suit you.
- I can recommend them and their products, Brook Drumm
has founded an ethical company that cares about their products, customers and the community, particularly their support for education