I design detailed upgrades and tools mostly for model builders to aid in their projects. I also work with cell phone cases and jewelry on a limited basis.
My new website is: www.mikesmsproductions.com
If you see something you like, I most likely offer it for less on my website. If you want to see the products I have for sale on Shapeways and by myself, check here: Product Catalog
If you want something specific modeled, send me a message. I'll be glad to look over the proposal and see if I can do it. If you allow me to sell it in my shop I'd be glad to give you a discount on it. I am willing to do leg work to research projects, as far as I am able to, but it would make it much easier if you provided plans (blueprints, schematics or hand drawn) and pictures of some kind. If you want something scaled up or down, send me a message and I'll get on it as soon as I can. I will gladly do freelance and requests.
Some tips for handling Frosted Detail Plastics:
- Set parts out in direct sunlight or under a UV lamp for a few hours before cleaning and painting. This will cure any residual bits of uncured resin.
- Rinse with warm soapy water
- Soak in a cleaning detergent. You could use Simple Green, Goo-Gone, no conditioner baby shampoo or Bestine.
- DO NOT USE ACETONE, MINERAL SPIRITS OR A STRONG SOLVENT. THEY CAN DISSOLVE OR WEAKEN THE PLASTIC.
- Rinse in warm water
- Use ACRYLIC PRIMER for plastics. Enamel and solvent based paints and primers may not cure correctly.
- Use only ACRYLIC paints. Enamel and solvent based paints may not cure correctly.