…Who knows what drives the great captains to stalk the void. There are those that venture into the endless abyss searching for victims and for battles to mark their existence. Some go for unattainable glory because there will never be another soul to see their exploits, their victories, or their defeats…
…I’ve seen attack ships drifting near lightspeed with no one at their helm simply because there was no where else to go.
-Ex-Captain of the Cruiser FRONTIER STORM
Welcome to the Dark Edge Games' Shapeways shop! For anyone who has visited our Facebook page, all the posted design configurations can be found here for immediate purchase. Dark Edge Unlimited is a starship line that features all interchangeable components/parts/modules.
LET'S GET STARTED
1) Choose Core Pack (this will include basic components to get your starship constructed).
2) Choose a multipack for various components to upgrade your ship(s). Recommend either a weapon multipack, prow multipack, or crew module multipack.
3) Choose a specialty item such as a Pirate (SKULL) prow, a Ship-of-the-line solar sail, or a comms array.
4) Choose an escort ship or an escort ship multipack. These little guys will add depth to your customized capital vessel. They are designed with small 2mm holes to mount banners or flags that represent the capital vessel as a bannership.
5) Once received, It's time to PAINT!. Parts may have waxy residue as a result of the printing process that can easily be wiped off or cleaned up with a toothbrush and/or a toothpick (non-metal objects to prevent damage to the fine details). Recommend CITADEL BLACK or CITADEL WHITE spray primer. Other primers used can obfuscate detail and result in a difficult time painting. Recommend using ONLY acrylic paints of your desired label. As long as the recommended primer is used, then there will be no problem painting the connection points/areas of the ship components.
6) Assemble your custom starship models and WOW your friends!
7) For additional questions/concerns/ideas for new custom parts, message the designer on Shapeways or Facebook!