Attaching dice together to make different dice.
To view the different dice select from the "SIDES" menu above and to the right.
The dice are made from other dice in the following ways:
- d3 made from 2d4 (a large tertahedron joined with a small tetrahedron rotated 180 degrees)
- d4 made from 2d2 (two coins, rotated 90 degrees)
- d6 made from 2d4 (two truncated tetrahedrons, joined at the base and rotated 180 degrees)
- d8 made from 4d6 (two larger cubes, two smaller, aligned and rotated 45 degrees each)
- d10 made from 5d12 (one large dodecahedon, two medium sized, and two small, all aligned).
- d12 made from 5d4 (one tetrahedron with a tetrahedon on each face)
- d20 made from 25d12 (Thanks to ppoz for helping me with this one, equal sized dodecahedrons on each face of a dodecahedon with smalled dodecahedrons placed on the outward faces)
The resulting isohedral convex envelopes
In the render of the complete dice set (select polyhedral set from "sides" menu
), the dice have rolled the following values:
- d4 (lower right) has rolled a 1
- d6 (lower middle) has rolled a 2
- d8 (lower left) has rolled a 4
- d10 (center) has rolled a 2
- d12 (upper left) has rolled a 12
- d20 (upper right) has rolled a 14 (cannot be seen from the render angle)