This version of the Universal Camera mount is online still, largely as a historical reference. It has been superseded by the DJI Phantom Universal Camera Mount v2.1
Universal Camera Mount for cameras up to 390g on a DJI Phantom 2.Also suited to the DJI Phantom 2 Vision and Vision+.
This mount requires additional screws for fitting purposes. Otherwise, it is completely compatible with the DJI Vision camera dampener and may be hot swapped in the field.
A review from a satisfied customer:
It was a bright day, full sun and a light breeze (5-10km/h max). The camera decided to shoot between 1/160- 1/250 at ISO 80. Which is quick but not crazy fast like 1/500-1/1000. So the conditions were pretty ideal. In the end, the mount worked really well.
The above can be found at most hardware stores & hobby shops.
- 4 M3x15 bolts
- 4 M3x8 bolts; same as spares that come with Phantom 2
- 4 M3 nuts
- 1 1/4-20 tripod bolt
- 2 1/4-20 nuts
- 6 DJI Vision dampeners
- Horizontal Camera mount
- Reinforced Tripod washer
- GoPro mount
- Tripod Thumbscrew
- Flash Hook Camera Trigger
- Hinged Camera Mount
- Screw the long M3 bolts into the tripod bar.
- Place dampener bars onto bolts.
- Put tripod bolt through tripod bar.
- Fasten tripod bolt with nut.
- Put a second nut on tripod bolt.
- Attach camera to tripod bolt.
- Adjust camera Horizontally and laterally to account for it's centre of gravity.
- Ensure bolts on tripod screw are secure.
- Fasten M3 bolts with additional nuts.
- Fit fuselage mount to Phantom.
- Screw the short M3 bolts into the holes on the fuselage mount.
- Attach the DJI Vision dampeners to the fuselage mount.
- Attach the camera and platform to the dampeners.
You will notice at this point that the dampeners are stretched diagonally. This is to increase rigidity, allowing dampening with heavier loads, using the stock DJI Vision dampeners.
Heavier cameras will cause vibration in pitch and yaw. This can be compensated for by changes to the gain settings in the DJI Assistant software. The following settings were suitable for the Samsung NX1100, which weighs 390g:
Attitude Pitch; 150%
Attitude Roll; 150%
DJI recommends only changing gains by 10% per test flight. Please be cautious with changes to the software and keep in mind that the flight behaviour of your Phantom will change due to the heavier camera and gains adjustments.
If any damage from a crash occurs to the mount, please use common sense. Your camera is worth more than a replacement part.Thread documenting the development of this mount