1:144 - PANZERSPAHWAGEN SD.KFZ 221 - (2 PACK)
This is a scalemodel of the German 'Leichter Panzerspähwagen Sd.Kfz 221'; a 4 ton 4x4 light armoured vehicle for off-road reconnaissance, for 1:144 WW2 dioramas. This product contains 2 versions of the model 221; a 'machine gun 34' and 'heavy anti-tank rifle' turret. Link to my other 1/144 models
- (4 pack available) -
The model is designed to be printed in 11 parts
- (2x) Main vehicle.
- (1x) Turret with the 2.8 cm sPzB 41 "heavy anti-tank rifle"
- (1x) Turret with the MG34 "Maschinengewehr 34".
- (1x) Sprue with 2 different figures (German soldiers).
- (2x) Spare tires (side). One tire is packed in a wheel cover/bag.
- (4x) Wheel axle.
- Model is based on blueprints to maximize accuracy.
- Designed and optimized for shapeways to produce it as cheap as possible in 'frosted detail'.
Before painting, always degrease your model in a glass of lukewarm water and a drop of dishwashing soap (do not use a dishwasher!)
. Allow it to dry completely before painting.
Aplie a thin layer of paint, use 'drybrush' techniques to bring the detail alive. Paint the inside, wheels and figures first before gluing. If you don't have a lot of experience; watch multiple 'tutorials' on youtube about painting model vehicles. You can't rush art, so take your time to finish the model ;).
1:144 is a popular scale for aircraft and half the size of 1:72 models. It's a great scale when creating large dioramas with multiple models in one scene, especially if you don't have much space available. You can combine tanks, airplanes, vehicles, buildings... to create an epic historical battle landscape. (Normandy, Battle of the bulge,...)
Also very small diorama's with just one vehicule can be an intriguing 'eye-catcher' on your desk.
Thanks for stopping by & have fun!
* Like or share if you care! :)