1:144 - 6x6 GMC CCKW U.S. ARMY CARGO TRUCK
This is a scalemodel of the GMC 6x6 cargo truck for 1:144 WW2 dioramas. The CCKW was a 2-1/2 ton 6x6 U.S. Army cargo truck, used in WW2 and the Korean war. Many variants went into production. Link to my other 1/144 models
The model is designed to be printed in 3 parts;
- The main chassis with one figure (driver) included.
- The driver cabine, paint the inside first then glue to the chassis.
- The cargo cabine, paint the inside first then glue to the chassis. (tailgate can be cut open)
- Model is based on blueprints to maximize accuracy.
- Designed and optimized for shapeways to produce it as cheap as possible in 'forsted detail'.
- Provided with basic details. Version with 'front-mounted winch'. Wheels cannot rotate.
Before painting, always degrease your model in a glass of lukewarm water and a drop of dishwashing soap (do not use a dishwasher!). Allow it to dry completely before painting.
Aplie a thin layer of paint, use 'drybrush' techniques to bring the detail alive.
If you don't have a lot of experience; watch multiple 'tutorials' on youtube about painting model vehicles.
If you like to add transparent windows, you could use some transparent plastic film, or a liquid product like this;
Micro Kristal Klear. You can also try to use transparant wood glue (PVA), smear it around the window-hole and let it dry one day. It will get clear once hardened. Whatever method you use; Always test it on some scrap plastic before you apply it to your model!
1:144 is a popular scale for aircraft and half the size of 1:72 models. It's a great scale when creating large dioramas with multiple models in one scene, especially if you don't have much space available. You can combine tanks, airplanes, vehicles, buildings... to create an epic historical battle landscape. (Normandy, Battle of the bulge,...)
Also very small diorama's with just one vehicule can be an intriguing 'eye-catcher' on your desk.
Thanks for stopping by & have fun!
* Like or share if you care! :)