Add a piece of history to your collection with the Central Pacific commissioners car! This is the car that transported Leland Stanford and the Golden Spike to Promontory Summit in 1869. This car was later sold to the Virginia & Truckee and eventually rebuilt into passenger car 17.
You can also purchase this model as V&T 17 here: https://www.shapeways.com/product/3T44BKBY6/virginia-truckee-coach-17
- Remove all sprued parts. Do not try to break apart. Cut them carefully.
- Gently wash each part with room temperature water and dish detergent using a toothbush.
- Paint each part before assembling.
- First glue one end to a side. Make sure the parts fit before glueing and that there isn't any globs of wax or paint in the notch.
- repeat with other side and end. Do not glue car wall together yet.
- Next take one of your end and side assemblies and glue them to the frame.
- Repeat with the your other end and side assemblies don't forget to test fit everything forbore applying glue.
- Using 0.015 Brass wire install all hand railing and carefully bush paint.
- Take you truck side frames and glue them to the bolster.
- Using Kadee #402 carefully tap the screw into the car bolster. DO NOT FORCE IT.
- Add couplers of your choice
- Apply the trucks.
- It's up to you whether you want to Glue the roof on or let it sit ontop like a lid.