Will 3d Printing Revolutionise Consumerism

Discussion in 'Students and Educators' started by isher, Nov 6, 2016.

1. isher
    isher New Member
    Hello, 3D printing is a passion of mine which has inspired me to do my final major project in university on 3D printing, the idea is to establish how the progression of 3D printing has changed and will revolutionise consumerism. I would love to know your experiences, knowledge and predictions by participating in this questionnaire, its only 10 questions long and would help me so so much! Thank you!

http://www.questionpro.com/t/AMguxZX6Rq

2. RudyLime
    RudyLime Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Hi @isher!

Yeah I think we will definitely see the consumer market change, because of consumers having more influence on product design and manufacturing processes nowadays with many 3D printing technologies only being a part of that. As someone working in the 3D printing industry for quite some years now I could answer your questions, but it would be more interesting for you to hear from community members who actually use and have benefits from us offering access to these technologies.

Maybe @Ontogenie, @stonysmith, @joabaldwin, @MichaelMueller, @FabMeJewelry, @Daphne and many others could share their vision / experiences with you to help your research?

Ontogenie likes this.
  3. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    Hi there,
    I took your survey but I think you might want to rethink some of the questions, at least for this audience. We are not your typical consumers of 3D-printed products, we are designing our own products and most of us are selling them. We rely on the 3D-printing services of Shapeways and only a few of us have 3D-printers at home. Also, your sliders for "how easy did you find..." don't define whether "1" is easy and "10" is hard, or vice versa, and there are a lot of spelling mistakes for a university student. Nevertheless, I wish you the best of luck with your studies! If you redesign the questionnaire to be more designer-friendly, I'd be happy to re-take it.
    Kimberly