Why am I turning OFF materials?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by PeregrineStudios, Jul 24, 2014.

1. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Hi Shapeways,

Just now, I've begun listing a new item. The new way the product interface is structured is a little odd, but everything new is odd at first, right? I'm sure I'll get used to it. What I WON'T get used to is, instead of going through a list of materials and turning ON the ones I want, instead I find myself going through the list turning OFF all the materials I DON'T want.

I'm sorry, but this is just so silly. If I design a ring in stainless steel, I shouldn't need to go turn OFF every other material in every possible one-by-one (there was no 'Disable All' button that I could find). This is just a little ridiculous - I do hope a 'Disable All' button is in the works, and very very soon!

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Sorry, but what?? Unless there is some new bug, the All Materials ON default was changed MONTHS ago.

3. PeregrineStudios
    Very strange. Unless... This model was UPLOADED months ago, I bet THAT'S it! In fact I think it was uploaded before they changed the product page layout (it took me a while to get to it!). I bet that's what happened here.

4. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    What is VERY odd here is that the same model should have been caught by the "Swatch Optimization" of a couple of weeks ago, where they turned OFF several materials in an effort to undo the previous auto-selection.

If you find any other models with such a condition, I'd suggest you send the Model# to service@shapeways.com so that it can be reviewed.. just in case there is something else going awry.

5. PeregrineStudios
    Hmmm, that does sound a little odd then. I'll have a look through and see if I find any others.