Spiral Necklace

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Nshortino, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Nshortino
    Nshortino New Member
    melissa necklace 2.jpg
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/17713/spiral_necklace_____10_ .html
    My first order from Shapeways! My girlfriend couldn't wait for my order to arrive so she could start to wear it. I ordered three different sizes, from small (approx. 1 inch) to large (approc. 3 inches). The one she is wearing is slightly larger than 2 inches overall, and she loves it!
    The smallest one looks a little fragile, but they all seem stronger than they look. Going to attempt painting them soon, probably to a silver color. Any suggestions on painting? What kind of paint will work the best on the white, strong and flexible material?
    I'd love to see it in metal, so hopefully a metal material is available sometime in the future.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. daddymack
    daddymack New Member
    Beautiful! You must be very proud Nshortino

3. chris89
    chris89 New Member
    That is beautiful, really like the design.

4. Whystler
    Whystler New Member
    The design is elegant in white! I love it.

Check out the post-production section of the forum for great ways to colour it. There is extensive talk of painting in Daddymack's post about preparing for resing casting.

-Whystler

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  5. Nshortino
    Nshortino New Member
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy to hear that other people like my design. I'm going to try to smooth and paint the model soon, and I'll post my results of how it went.
    Whystler, after seeing it being worn I agree that it looks great it white, so instead of a color I think I'm just going to give it a smooth white coat to give it some shine. We'll see how that works out.