Shipping costs per product?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by nibbo, Aug 5, 2009.

1. nibbo
    nibbo New Member
    Hi,

A question about the way you charge shipping costs. When ordering a product it says it includes "Vat & shipping".

Why isn't shipping per order instead of per product? Or am I mistaken? I checked it in the ordering process where the price (Inc Vat & shipping) is only multiplied by the quantity.

Regards,

nibbo

2. clintbellanger
    clintbellanger New Member
    Shipping costs are built into the material/production costs. So if you see something that's $10 on Shapeways it costs that amount to make it and get it to your door.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  3. nibbo
    nibbo New Member
    Perhaps I should add what my point is: Say you have a small part which you want to order 20 of. I hope your not getting charged with 20x shipping costs for those parts would easily fit in one package.

4. randomblink
    randomblink New Member
    Good point... can anyone elucidate?

5. clintbellanger
    clintbellanger New Member
    If you look at my shop, I have some small cheap items. I ordered a pile of items (just above the minimum order amount of $25) that was shipped in one package, overseas, in only a few days.

I actually worry that Shapeways is losing money on shipping small orders.

They don't add a fixed shipping cost to each item. It seems like a certain percentage of a material's cost-per-cubic-cm is there to help cover their shipping expenses. So it's proportional to the size of the item. I tried one item that is only $0.35, and I could get 100 of them printed and sent in a box for $35.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  6. robert
    robert New Member
    Yes, the shipping charges are included in the price.

The minimum orderamount insures that our handling & shipping costs are covered.

Cheers!

Robert