Shipping costs per product?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 25379_deleted, Aug 5, 2009.

1. 25379_deleted
    25379_deleted Member
    Hi,

A question about the way you charge shipping costs. When ordering a product it says it includes "Vat & shipping".

Why isn't shipping per order instead of per product? Or am I mistaken? I checked it in the ordering process where the price (Inc Vat & shipping) is only multiplied by the quantity.

Regards,

nibbo

2. 24007_deleted
    24007_deleted Member
    Shipping costs are built into the material/production costs. So if you see something that's $10 on Shapeways it costs that amount to make it and get it to your door.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  3. 25379_deleted
    25379_deleted Member
    Perhaps I should add what my point is: Say you have a small part which you want to order 20 of. I hope your not getting charged with 20x shipping costs for those parts would easily fit in one package.

4. randomblink
    randomblink Member
    Good point... can anyone elucidate?

5. 24007_deleted
    24007_deleted Member
    If you look at my shop, I have some small cheap items. I ordered a pile of items (just above the minimum order amount of $25) that was shipped in one package, overseas, in only a few days.

I actually worry that Shapeways is losing money on shipping small orders.

They don't add a fixed shipping cost to each item. It seems like a certain percentage of a material's cost-per-cubic-cm is there to help cover their shipping expenses. So it's proportional to the size of the item. I tried one item that is only $0.35, and I could get 100 of them printed and sent in a box for $35.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  6. robert
    robert Member
    Yes, the shipping charges are included in the price.

The minimum orderamount insures that our handling & shipping costs are covered.

Cheers!

Robert