Shapeways Refused To Refund My Flawed Printed Piece! Please Help...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by merecreation, Mar 15, 2021.

1. merecreation
    merecreation Member
    Please help, I received an item about a week ago, for an order that was made in December last year.
    The reason why it took so long is because I was using a forwarder. Which should be understandable because shipping to the US is 3.5x cheaper than shipping directly to my country. But when I said that, the customer service rep did not reply.
    If saying the name of the customer service rep is allowed and is needed, please tell me, so I can write it here.

There are so many things wrong with the piece:
    1) The top four thinner sides are broken
    2) The holes shrink more than 0.2mm (From 1.7mm to less than 1.5mm), which makes it not able to fit something with 1.5mm in diameter. My other silver piece with 1.65mm hole fits it just fine.
    3) A piece of the inner cube chipped off. brass part broke off.png Broken off brass part.jpg broken brass printed parts.jpg brass hole shrinkage more than 0.2mm.jpg

2. merecreation
    merecreation Member
    After a couple of email exchanges, I got store credit. Glad things finally worked out and the customer service representative understood that it will take months before I get my orders on my hands because I am using a forwarder. Unfortunately, Shapeways seem unable to put a note on my account stating that I will be using a forwarder and would thus only be able to check for product flaws after several months for every single order. So, if things like this happen again, I may have to do the explaining all over again.