Ring Too Thin

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by matanda12, Nov 29, 2016.

1. matanda12
    matanda12 Member
    I made a ring in maya and it's 1mm thick
    the problem is that shapeways says it's too thin and it needs to be minimum 0.7mm.
    does someone know how to fix the problem?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Have you checked where the thin walls are; with the 'View 3D tools' on the material that you want?

hanelyp likes this.
  3. matanda12
    matanda12 Member
    it shows that the all model is too thin...

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Check the "Size" line under the name field - your dimensions are off by at least a factor of ten, probably picked wrong units on upload ?

matanda12 likes this.
  5. matanda12
    matanda12 Member
    I made it in mm in maya and upload it in mm to shapeways
    isn't it what i need to do?

6. 8_Perf
    8_Perf Well-Known Member
    Like mkroeker said, check the size listing above. Your whole entire model is measuring just under 2mm at its widest point, i.e. the diameter of the circle itself. Somewhere you got a measurement off in Maya.

hanelyp, 104516_deleted and matanda12 like this.
  7. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    It would help if you were willing/able to click "Share for Feedback" in the 3dTools window and share that so we could take a look.

8. You can fix this right from that screen. Click that scale button and scale it up until the x and y are as far across as you need them to be. That will fix your print problem.

9. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    In Maya check your drawing units by going to Window --> Settings --> Preferences --> Preferences --> Working units. Also, check your model by going to Creat --> Measure tools --> Distance tool to double check and make sure your drawing is correct by taking some measurements of it.