Photoshop Can't Run On The Pc

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by Peterb11, Jun 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Peterb11
    Peterb11 Member
    Hi, I'm totally new to Adobe products and trying to find some advice.
    When I try to open a Adobe Photoshop (PSD) file I get an error: Photoshop can't run on your PC.
    It shows up for one PSD file but not others. This started after I upgraded from the trial Win 8.1 to the full release of 8.1. I've tried uninstalling Photoshop and re-installing. No help. Why does the program give me this pop up every time? Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. LoveAndShapes
    LoveAndShapes Well-Known Member
    Adobe has dedicated forums for their products. You will receive better help there.

3. Jane2999
    Jane2999 Member
    For all versions of Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe has moved to a shared plugins folder. Shared Creative Cloud Location - which will load the plug-in for all installed versions of Photoshop CC (Photoshop CC & Photoshop CC 2014 & Photoshop CC 2015 & Photoshop CC 2015.5 & future versions of Photoshop CC when they are released, like CC 2017) without having to reinstall the plug-in. If you are running a CC version and receiving the ".dll is missing error" on startup, please delete all old ON1 plugin files from this folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC
    [​IMG]
    Capture.PNG
    Delete any older ON1 plugin files of ours that may still be lingering in the plugins folder or a subfolder in the plugins folder
    More info detailed info on how to fix Photoshop errors Here.

Peterb11 likes this.