Order Cancelled

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by sarah748, Sep 13, 2017.

1. sarah748
    sarah748 New Member
    My order was cancelled without any notification - design wasn't rejected and no reason was given whatsoever. I have no idea why it was cancelled or why there hasn't been a Paypal refund issued. Please email me with some clarification - I'd like to resolve this quickly. I'm going to miss a deadline due to this and am not very excited about it.

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Email service@shapeways.com with your order number. Normally you should have received a message explaining the cancellation (which may have gone to your spam folder)

3. sarah748
    sarah748 New Member
    It didn't go to my spam folder. My account finally updated saying that my design was rejected due to my wall thickness for stainless steel being under 1.5mm. In their own specifications they mention that all supported walls must be at least 1.0mm thick in stainless and unsupported walls must be at least 1.5mm thick. I have no unsupported walls in the design. I am sure they'll get back to me tomorrow but as it stands, I haven't heard a peep from anyone there. Hearing something from an actual human that works there would go a long way for me at this point.

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    "Steel" is made by a production partner (ExOne, the manufacturer of the associated printers and - I believe - inventor of the process) so it could be that the rejection came from them and the explanation needed some time to reach shapeways. This material is a bit finicky as the part needs to survive a sintering step and have appropriate dimensions to allow infusing with molten bronze at the same time. So the guidelines for an "average" part unfortunately do not cover all cases.

5. almondmilk
    almondmilk Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey Sarah748,

I am sorry to hear your model could not print successfully. We developed our material guidelines to ensure printability, however, 3d printing is a complicated technology. Sometimes models that do adhere to the material guidelines will physically be unable to print successfully due to the model's geometry.

Please feel free to reach out to us at service@shapeways.com and we can troubleshoot what happened with your order.