Newbie Looking To Buy 3d Printer & Scanner Needs Advice On Affordable Equipment

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by Selficide, May 16, 2017.

1. Selficide
    Selficide New Member
    Hello all, I am completely new to this forum and 3d printing in general. I have a little experience with Poser & Zbrush but I am looking for specific help. I have my own part time business making custom action figures, and every time I need a certain body part or accessory I have to usually buy a whole figure to get 1 certain item and it becomes costly and I end up with a lot of parts I don't need or want. I am looking to purchase an affordable desktop scanner and printer so I can scan and duplicate the parts I need as I need them. I know this may seem a little crazy to some, but also my son wants to learn 3d modeling and it would help later on for him as well. I would like some advice on equipment that isn't too crazy priced in case this doesn't work out as I want it to and don't want to lose too much money if I fail. I have a budget of up to $900.00. Thank you all in advance!!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    I pre-ordered the Flux Delta+ that should do all that and more. Expected to ship in July https://flux3dp.com/

3. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
    Flux3dp:
    I like the Butter Knive Variation / Option on their site!

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    If the movie Aliens has taught me anything, it's that robots can play that game better than people.

5. kaadesign
    kaadesign Well-Known Member
    haha! ... White blood! ... ;-) ... Ripley wasn´t happy about that!

upload_2017-5-19_12-35-6.png