Looking for a 3D artist (STL, OBJ) to design 3D heads (speed sculpt) from photos for 3D printing...

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 910042_deleted, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Hi Everyone,

First, PLEASE E-MAIL ME, RATHER THAN POSTING TO THE FORUM. I PREFER COMMUNICATION THAT WAY.

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS: mattchristensen1981@gmail.com.

MAKE THE SUBJECT: "3D Heads" (this is how I weed out people who don't read the individual posts, and just respond to everything.)

Okay, now...
    I'm looking for a 3D modeler who can create very, VERY basic 3D renderings of people's heads/faces, from a minimum of two reference photos. Here is an example of what I'm looking for (I've included the renders, as well as the references): https://app.box.com/s/muzofr3fua85ts2p8i9x38f9o769ima2

If possible, more photos will be provided throughout the length of the project, with each different person, but all respondents to this posting should assume that they'll be working with, at most, two photos similar to the ones I've provided.

I can't stress enough that these models DON'T NEED TO BE SUPER DETAILED. They will be 3D printed, and hand painted - so much of the detail will come through (hopefully) in the painting phase. All I need are basic shapes, expressions - almost like a caricature version, done in 3D.

I'm hoping this post will hook me up with one (or more) designers that I can work with long term, designing SEVERAL heads per week, month, year, etc.

That said, my budget is fairly thin. I know, I know - you think I want quality work, but I don't want to pay for it. Not true! What I'm looking for is a balance between affordability (profitability) and quality. I would never ask an artist to break his or her back for an unfair wage. That's why I need to stress the VERY basic nature of these models. I'm looking for "likenesses", not "perfect sculpts". I've had several artists (such as the one who created the 3D model above) respond positively to this post, I'm just trying to build up a large network of artists to work with now and in the future.

So, if you're interested, I'd love to hear from you. I can explain more details about the project and, hopefully, we can work together.

I think this will be a fun project for whoever I end up working with.

I've had great luck on this forum in the past. I pay via PAYPAL, and am very prompt and as clear as possible in my communication.

That said, if you e-mail me, and I don't respond, please don't take it personally. Chances are, I've just decided to go a different direction.

If you can, send me your rates for what you feel would be appropriate for a single head, in the style I've described.

And, if you need any further clarification, please feel free to contact me at the e-mail provided: mattchristensen1981@gmail.com.

Thanks again! Can't wait to hear from you all!
    -matt

Attached Files:

2. Can you be a little more specific as to the premise of very basic? The third image seems fairly detailed. Also is there a poly budget or goal? I sculpt mostly in Sculptris and fine tune in Zbrush.

Here's a speed sculpt I did last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDexcMyrCc0

Depending on the level of likeness you are looking for, I could probably do it at about $50-100 per head.

3. Honestly This guy wants way~ too little.

15 dollars a head. That would be less than minimum wage unless you can make a decent head in less than 1 hour.

4. I can do a decent head sculpt in an hour, the speed sculpt I posted a iink to I did in an hour, but it isn't based on references so there was no likeness to be made. Getting a likeness usually takes me about 2-3 hours. So yeah, $15 per head would not be worth the time.

5. I appreciate your responses.

Sorry we can't work together.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  6. Hello writing you from San Diego area - I custom many 8 inch - 12 inch Action figures Super hero and the rock band KISS - I do sculpt but it takes a lot of my time that I dont have because i do so many private commissions - for the level of likeness for Gene Simmons Paul Stanley Ace Frehley - would that fall in line with the 50 to 100 dollar a head? Thanks hope to hear from you - if you'd like vince_reyes@att.net is my email - thanks again Vince