Image Customization Not Working

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Bathsheba, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/QARE8UBWM/inscribed-klein-bottle-opener-with-image
    I can upload an image but no preview is shown, it's just a gray box cf. attached. Should this be working?

I set this up as a workaround because of bugs in the text customizer, e.g.
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/DZ68B2GCD/inscribed-klein-bottle-opener
    I have a customer who wants a short inscription that should fit fine, but because the letters in it happen not to have any descenders, the customizer makes the font too large, so it doesn't fit and can't be ordered. This has been reported and acknowledged here, but that was a couple years back and I guess it will never be fixed. So it would be nice to have the image customizer working.

Now that I look at the text Klein bottle, that customizer doesn't seem to work either, again I just see the gray box. Checked in Firefox and Chrome, all ad and script blockers turned off.

It would be nice to see these customizers working as I do get some requests for them. If they are no longer supported, well, ok, but could you announce that?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey Bathseheba.

Could be that the server was having some issues.
    I just tried a second ago and it worked without any problems:
    upload_2018-4-10_10-6-33.png

same for the other one:
    upload_2018-4-10_10-6-55.png

3. mdavisstudios
    mdavisstudios Member
    Have others reported this issue?
    Now in July I'm having the exact same problem. I got the display to work once the other evening in Safari I believed but now I can't get it to show in any browser, logged in or not.

Help please? I'd like to be able to preview a few things before placing an order for a customer.

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 7.55.46 PM.png

4. atelier_jet
    atelier_jet Member