Heart Dipping Dish

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by japhyr, Feb 12, 2012.

1. japhyr
    japhyr New Member
    I made this oil dipping dish for my wife for Valentine's day. It works really well! You fill it with olive oil, and then add a little balsamic vinegar to fill in the heart. It even stays nice and clean-looking after you've dipped a few pieces of bread. I gave it to her yesterday because we'll be too busy during the week to have a nice bread, brie, and wine dinner. She loved it, and was totally surprised.
    heart_dish_bread-640px.jpg

2. HappenstanceHeroes
    HappenstanceHeroes New Member
    What an awesome and creative use of the ceramic material! I'd never even heard of dishes that utilized the properties of the two fluids in this way. Always inspiring to see unexplored uses for print materials! :)

3. jeff
    jeff New Member
    emm, bread cheese and wine dinner. dig the design too. would like to see some more patterns, like a spiral maybe or several olives bunched together.

nice work & photo, thanks for sharing.

4. JamesSaunders
    JamesSaunders New Member
    This is one of those "why didn't I think of that?" awesome ideas. Great work!

5. awieneke
    awieneke New Member
    wonderful idea !

you should bring this into regular stores with various designs.

6. ana_xyz
    ana_xyz New Member
    +1

Great photography too!

7. Great design! And there are so many other shapes you could do too.

8. Gijs
    Gijs New Member
    Clever design, well done!

9. japhyr
    japhyr New Member
    Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone. I have a couple more in mind that I might try.

One problem with ceramic, though, is it gets expensive to order examples of your own just for photographing! I'm tempted to open an etsy shop just to sell off the examples I order to print. I'm not sure they'd actually sell on etsy, though. Does anyone else do that?

10. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    Yes, people sell on etsy. You could also try on ebay, as you can sell so many items value wise per month for free. Once you get selling, put your items up on Fab.com

Also now that you have a proof of concept, you could render your other designs. PM me if you would like some made up.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012