Exchange Rate Problem?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by rue_d_etropal, Aug 1, 2020.

1. rue_d_etropal
    rue_d_etropal Member
    this is odd, since last night, so at start of new month, I have notice UK pound to US dollar rate seems to be wrong way round, so UK pound price is higher than US dollar price.
    Has anyone else had a similar problem. I did get a message from a potential customer a ouple of weeks ago asking about higher UK prices, and now wondering if that was related to same problem.

Sparkshot likes this.
  2. Sparkshot
    Sparkshot Well-Known Member
    Well, I sure hope it's a bug. If not then good luck selling anything.

Prices were already high for most things and this has literally almost doubled everything.

If it isn't a mistake then maybe we should have a farewell party.

cnicholls33 likes this.
  3. This was brought to my attention by an angry potential customer publicly accusing me of being "greedy" for increasing a price which has gone up 60% without my intervention! Not what we need during these turbulent times!

cnicholls33 and Sparkshot like this.
  4. Sparkshot
    Sparkshot Well-Known Member
    Aye, to Shapeways: any official word on this??

?

5. rue_d_etropal
    rue_d_etropal Member
    It was late last night when I spotted it, so could not investigate further, but checked Euro rate and that was working OK. It was definitely OK yesterday, and only noticed after midnight, suggesting something was now reading or calculating wrong exchange rate. Ithink I am right in thinking, SW only update the exchange rate monthly.
    Not helped by it being a weekend.

Sparkshot likes this.
  6. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    I was wondering about this, as a piece that normally costs me around £14.00 in steel has suddenly jumped up to £24.00...And shipping has jumped to the UK to £16.00!

7. FerretDesigns
    And just checked another...Steel print of item had been £13.47, now £24.36

8. rue_d_etropal
    rue_d_etropal Member
    as I said, it looks like a bug in the exchange software, or just incorrect exchange rate on file for August..

9. barkingdigger
    barkingdigger Well-Known Member
    I haven't checked the rates, but have you raised the issue with customer service yet? Hoping they will see a forum thread isn't a good way to get their attention...

10. Pugsy
    Pugsy Member
    I've just sent them an email

11. rue_d_etropal
    rue_d_etropal Member
    I sent message to customer services but only had auto response. There is at least one SW employee who is on this forum, so hopefully someone will get to realie there is a problem.

12. cnicholls33
    cnicholls33 Member
    The quality of my last print was awful so if they think I’m paying 40% more for lesser quality they can think again

13. rue_d_etropal
    rue_d_etropal Member
    don't panic and don't spread panic , and note this looks like a bug in their software, as dollar price has not gone up, and increase in pound price is pretty close to exchange rate reversed.
    what concerns me slightly is no response from customer support.

14. Looking at Shapeways this morning appears to show the problem has been fixed.

15. rue_d_etropal
    rue_d_etropal Member
    good news, but odd thing I checked after earler this morning(after midnight) and there was still a problem. Also wondering now if anyone was overcharged for purchases, and would want confimation that did not happen.

cnicholls33 likes this.
  16. FerretDesigns
    So...They fixed it, but not even a quick "Yes we are aware and working on it" anywhere on the forums?
    Okay.

cnicholls33 likes this.