Co-creator production time countdown not in working days ?

Discussion in 'Customizable Products & Design' started by virtox, Jul 12, 2010.

1. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Hey guys,

Last Friday evening I got a co-creator order request. (my production time set to 3 days)
    Today, Monday, there is zero days left on the countdown :blush:

I assumed the production time also worked with the "working days" as the rest of the site. (When ordering it says : 13 working days (10+3))

Also, if someone orders in the evening or just before midnight, I kinda loose a production day..

For now I will increase the production time by two days, to account for the weekend and evenings.

But I would be great if "days" were the same for all systems :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. pp
    pp New Member
    Hi Stijn,

I'll follow up on this.
    For the reason you mentioned it is supposed to be working days.

Will come back to you on this

Peter Paul

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Shapeways Employee Community Team
    I do know that production time isn't based on your day worry Virtox, it is based on time. So if you have it set to 3 days, and they order at 11:59. It wont drop down to 2days until 11:59 the next day. If I've seen correctly with my own orders.
  4. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    @Peter Paul : thanks.

@Cheery Mike:

Not entirely sure about that, the template was ordered Friday at 9pm (mytime) On Monday at 11am it said : 0 days left.
    Which should not have been until 9pm then I guess.

Heheh, and this afternoon at 3pm I get an email I have 1 day left ;)

Anyhow, for the customers point of view I'm still ahead of schedule :rolleyes:

worry Virtox (<- my wife thought it was very cute ;))
  5. pp
    pp New Member
    OK I have double checked and currently it's as follows;

Days set by the designer/ you are 24 hours.

To support the clarity and consistency I have asked to adjust this to working days. Working days being Monday to Friday.

Such a change will take some time but at least you know what the current situation is and that we are working to change it.

Peter Paul