Can't Save The Edit Product Page

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Tresob, Nov 26, 2018.

1. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hey guys,

Let me check in with the legal team to see what kind of information we are allowed to share.
    As I'm not in the legal team I don't want to step on their toes :)

We are not singling anyone out, every single product you try to make public is in some way validated (either right away or manually check required).

For now I can just share that a company is requiring us to do checks on models to make sure they do not infringe on their IP.

2. sozzap23
    sozzap23 Well-Known Member
    Cheers Mitchell

Will be interesting to see who the company is, I'd have thought as sellers we'd have some kind of right to know the issue with products. But who knows!

On a side note... Also thanks to the team for sorting the Shopify .csv download out.... just wondering though is there some way that the products in the .csv could be listed by when they were listed? there doesn't actually seem to be a pattern to the order of the products in the .csv file.

Ta :)

3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    I think the information is provided in case you do have a product that infringes on their IP.
    From what I can see, your models won't be any problem at all and will get approved.

In addition our dev team will be "upgrading" this validation tool in the upcoming weeks so you should see less of these notifications (pretty much boiling down to making the system more sophisticated to catch the actual products that infringe on the IP and automatically pass those that don't)

rolsen01 likes this.
  4. sozzap23
    sozzap23 Well-Known Member
    Cool, that's great news. Thanks for replying.