Printing Errors In Multiple Orders

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by CaptH, Sep 26, 2020.

1. CaptH
    CaptH Well-Known Member
    Good day people,

I want to raise an important issue that was brought to me by one of my customers. He recently ordered my 1/350 Furutaka hull and decks parts, the first time in Natural Versatile Plastic and the second in Processed Versatile Plastic. But when he received the package, a number of issues came out. He tried to contact customer service the same day the order had arrived but has so far received no answer.
    These are photographs of the first order, in Natural Versatile Plastic:
    0925201255_2.jpg 0925201300_2.jpg 0925201302_2.jpg
    Aside from the missing parts in the line of the first picture, which may as well be a problem in the model itself, the rest is quite underwhelming. As he pointed out in the above pictures, there are uneven surfaces and missing details from some of the parts. I could understand the former due to the printing process and / or material chosen, but the latter problem implies denial from quality control personnel.
    As does this:
    0925201316_2.jpg
    The following is a comparison between the two orders - Natural Plastic on the left, (supposedly) Processed Plastic on the right:
    0925201321_2.jpg 0925201325_2.jpg
    0925201327_2.jpg 0925201328.jpg
    They look exactly the same. Possibly the second one is a little worse. This is not how Processed Plastic is supposed to look like. This is:
    0925201329.jpg 0925201330_2.jpg
    Only one part out of six made it actually to post-printing processing it seems. The rest has been shipped as it was.
    I really want to raise this issue because not only affects my customer, but also everyone else who is accustomed to having prints in Processed Versatile if this is the final result - not to mention I would possibly not receive my own markup from the rest of the order because I'm the first who wouldn't repeat the experience nor waste my money if quality cannot be guaranteed. This is absolutely not acceptable by any standard of the imagination.

I hope the issue will be fixed along with my customer's order but so far no response has come from customer service. In the event this isn't resolved, be aware of the problem when placing future orders.

Have a good day people, because I sure didn't.

Cheers,
    CH

2. lefteri
    lefteri Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hello @CapHerlock thank you for reaching out about this. I do not see any emails in our inbox from the email address associated with your account. I only see an email referencing this order number, from a different email address, without photos included. My colleague Adela responded, requesting photos, but there was no reply. Please email this information to service@shapeways.com and the next available agent can assist.

3. CaptH
    CaptH Well-Known Member
    @Lefteri thank you for the response. This is not actually an issue I personally have, but one of my clients brought this to my attention. I shall contact him at once and send a new email to the address you provided.

lefteri likes this.