Add Text Tool

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1491997_deleted, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Hello guys,

I have designed some .stl files to order for 3D printing. However, the text I created in grasshopper and rhino is detected as wall with not enough thickness. I cannot increase the font size baecause I have grid shape and the size of grids are small. I just realized that there should be ad writen tool provided by shapeway. Howeve, I cannot find where this tool is, and how ity works. Could someone write me how I can add text when my model is in shapeways, and what is your suggestion for improving the text quality (make it printable)?

Thanks and kind regards,
    Maryam

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    On the model edit page there is an option to make it "customizable", which lets you define an area on the model where text or an uploaded image can be placed.

Andrewsimonthomas likes this.
  3. arihersh
    arihersh Member
    Do you know if this allows custom language fonts? I tried to customize a product with Hebrew lettering and it did not seem to be processed.

4. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    You would need to upload text using custom fonts as an image instead of typing them in. That also means the product would need to be set up for customization using an image.

5. arihersh
    arihersh Member
    Ah, that makes sense. Thanks! I'm trying to add customization to a product in my 'workshop' for printing. Do I need to put it in a 'shop' in order to print the customization, or could I print it directly from the private models page?

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I believe you'd have to offer it for sale, but you could keep it private if you wanted to. Other wise it would say this item is not for sale instead of letting you customize it.

7. arihersh
    arihersh Member
    Ah, great. I'll try making it a private item, offered for sale.

8. arihersh
    arihersh Member
    It worked!! Thanks, all.