Missing Shapeways Email...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patmat2350, Dec 6, 2016.

1. patmat2350
    patmat2350 Well-Known Member
    Does anyone have an issue with Shapeways email going missing? (and how would you know!?!)

I recently stopped getting item sales reports, notifications from forum posts, contacts from customers, etc. I checked all my settings at Shapeways, no changes, everything's OK. No blocks on my side, nothing in my spam folder, and my isp (ATT/Yahoo) cust rep says "No, WE'RE not blocking anyone, must be you!"

But I know they do... they block tons of spam that we never see in our spam folders (I think they let a few through just to show they recognize it). And sometimes good guys get misidentified.

Annoying, and I'm powerless to do anything about it... except maybe start using my Gmail account instead...

2. elopez3d
    elopez3d Well-Known Member
    I've experienced this, I thought it was due to the outlook update.

I've had a couple fiasco's where I didn't get any "your model failed to print" emails.
    I added them to my safe senders list since but in previous years I didn't have this done at all.

I should have been more diligent in checking the order status through Shapeways website,
    instead of crossing my fingers and hoping everything would just show up in time.

The other part that kept it silent was Shapeways now refunds entirely?
    But they do it on the original transaction, or funds are held till order is complete?
    I don't know exactly, but Paypal didn't notify of the refund either.

3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    There is a email processor at Shapeways that watches for emails which are returned as undeliverable.
    If you have a couple of emails that are not delivered properly, your address is added to a list and future emails to that address are blocked.

Send an email from your mailbox to service@shapeways.com (which uses a different email system) asking them to check into whether they see any issues on their side. But it also may be a problem with Yahoo.