Any Way To Make It Cheaper?

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 1307549_deleted, Oct 22, 2016.

1. This is a little gift i am doing for my girlfriend and wanted to know how to make it cheaper, and some (or alot) critique, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    really depends on the material you are printing in. But in all cases, smaller = cheaper.

3. any critique of the model, the shell, i dont know i think in polished plastic, really wanted the HQ one but is too expensive.

4. NoahLI
    NoahLI Well-Known Member
    I think polished plastic will work well, though some of the details, less than 0.5mm, might get polished out. I'd double the thickness of the bat emblem at least, to be on the safe side. You might shave a few more dollars by shaving another 0.5~1mm from the shell, spot checks puts the average around 2.5mm. There seems to be a very small hole at the top of the head. not sure if that's intentional. There's no need for additional escape holes since the base is largely open, plenty of room to clean out unused powder and allow polishing beads to escape after polishing.

by HQ one you mean Frosted Detail? or HiDef Acrylate? I think HiDef Acrylate might be acceptable, didn't check the price, but usually it sit around halfway between Flexible Plastic and Frosted Detail

5. ohh, exactly what i thought about that bat emblem, gonna try to do everything you are saying, and close that hole. i thought i needed that other escape hole at the top but okay, and yeah i meant the hidef acrylate, but it is too expensive and i wanted to make it around 8cm tall so yeah, thank you for the feedback man.