Weekend Contest #7: Springtime!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bartv, Apr 6, 2013.

1. bartv
    bartv Member
    674x501_191804_514759_1343880897.jpg

(Image: 3D fractal: 'Woven Flower' by unellenu)

We have all been waiting eagerly for spring. Especially here in Europe, the weather has been lousy so far, but this weekend things have started to look up. As a result, my head is filled with sunny ideas. What are yours? Share them with us this weekend!

You have until Monday evening 18:00, GMT+1 to come up with your ideas!

How to enter

Model your bottle add-on, upload it to your gallery, tag it with 'WeekendContest7' and post the link and picture here (upload the image, and click 'Insert image into message body' to embed it in your forum message).

Who wins?

You decide! Visit the model that you like most, and add it to your favorites. The model with the most votes wins.

What's the prize?

Eternal fame! Kudos from the Shapeways team! Riches! Okay, well, the winner will get a $25 gift certificate.

That's all?

Yep, have a walk in the sun, then fire up your favorite modeling app this weekend and have fun!

Bart

2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Cut and paste is cool, but ...

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Big market for bottled sunshine obviously :confused

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Nobody? I'd better open a nice bottle of wine and enjoy these first sunbeams then :)

Bart

5. 30575_deleted
    30575_deleted Member
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  6. bartv
    bartv Member
    Very cheerful :)

7. GarySG
    GarySG Member
    I'm almost done with mine, I hope you don't close it with only one entry :D

8. GarySG
    GarySG Member
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  9. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Damn - was going to try to knock something out by this evening, but the deadline time's already gone by. Stupid time zones :)

10. bartv
    bartv Member
    Thanks for participating everyone! With only two entries (I did include yours as well, GairBear66 ;), I've decided to go for fx2's little clip-on sun. Maybe you can have it printed and dye it yourself?

I'll mail you the $25 voucher.

To everyone: what kind of contest topics get your creative juices going? I'm building up a list for future use. Thanks!

Bart

11. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    Firstly a note: Perhaps this should be a week long contest, ending Sunday (more people will contribute, since many don't have enough free time even at the weekend).

Now, there are several themes I would be interested in, such as Steampunk, Robots, Spaceships :) but practical designs would also be interesting (like printed tools, functional rings etc.)

12. living hinges.

I agree, a week long would be nice.

13. 30575_deleted
    30575_deleted Member
    Thank you for the coupon ! :)
    I think the week-end contest is interesting idea. If I get inspired by the topic and have some time, then I create a design. This is a different kind of contest, where I don't have weeks to get some inspiration, and can't spend several hours to design something. I like it, it's something different.

14. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I suggested a week-long contest right from the beginning. Maybe announce the winner on Monday and the new comp at the same time, but only allow posting on the week-end (so we don't get discouraged from seeing all the great entries during the week!).