Sold Over 20 Items, No Markups, 30$ Minimum Not Met Bug.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by awakenbyfaith, Apr 12, 2018.

1. awakenbyfaith
    awakenbyfaith Member
    So I am still kind of new to how the shapeways shop works, but I can clearly see that I've sold 20 items. Although, when clicking on said items number I see nothing but $0.00 dollars even though it says they have sold. also I clearly sold over the required amount of items to meet the 30$ minimum and yet it still is there.

is this a common bug? Am I missing something?

also yes, I do have a paypal set up to my account if that helps at all.

thanks

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    The $30 question here is obviously if you actually added your markup to the items sold (in the relevant material). The sales overview CSV (or a quick check of the settings for some of the affected models) should tell. Or perhaps the sale
    was cancelled, not sure how that would show up in the sales overview.

3. Model_Monkey
    Model_Monkey Well-Known Member
    Also, maybe they haven't been printed yet. We get paid based on "confirmed sales", which is when the product actually prints. Until then, sales are considered "pending sales".

4. FerretDesigns
    FerretDesigns Well-Known Member
    Have you put a markup on your items?
    I know my OH made the error of forgetting to mark up on of his pieces and of course it sold...
    You should have "Pending sales" which are pieces still being printed. It'll show you how much you are going to earn from it. And then "confirmed sales" which are pieces that have been printed, and therefore added to your account. Once this hits the minimum $30 it pays. If your total in pending and confirmed is "$0" despite getting notifications that you have sold...you have either not added a mark up and are selling for base price, or there is an error and you need to contact Shapeways helpdesk

solditems.png

5. 8_Perf
    8_Perf Well-Known Member
    Yep. As has been said, if you do not have a mark-up on your piece, then you are essentially selling it at cost for the price it takes Shapeways to produce it. No mark-up = no profit.

6. DoctorOctoroc
    DoctorOctoroc Well-Known Member
    Even if there isn't a mark up on sold items, they will show up in either the pending or confirmed sales section depending on whether or not they have successfully printed yet. Under "items sold" it will give the number of products sold. Click that number and it will show a list of the items that sold along with the material they were printed in, the ID and the markup you earned from each sale. If that markup number reads $0.00 then you haven't added a markup to the product(s) and need to do so in the edit model section where each material you've chosen to make available is listed and on the right side will be the price you're selling each one. The markup will be automatically calculated when you change the price there (by default, it's the price to print in that material) to an amount higher than the printing cost.