Sign In Seems Broken

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard210363, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Richard210363
    Richard210363 Member
    Is anyone else getting problems with the site sign in only working sometimes.

Seems to have started 2 days ago.

2. Richard210363
    Richard210363 Member
    Windows 10, Chrome in non private mode..
    It's not a forgetting password problem as I fill in with Lastpass or, while trying to find out what's going on, Copy/Paste from Lastpass.

3. Richard210363
    Richard210363 Member
    I was arriving at a sign in page with a pop-up dialog:
    https://www.shapeways.com/?utm_camp...ways&msclkid=9298f2da87e510b216e5ac2db943cd89

Entering my credentials, then being transferred to a different log-in page that had the log-in embedded on the page.
    Tried a few more times and then being told I couldn't be verified.
    I did notice that something was trying to display by a seeing a flickering on the page but it didn't show and I can't tell what it was by reading the page data.

Closing Chrome and retrying after 10 minutes worked after a few restarts.

Edge worked first time

Surprisingly, I just went onto Shapeways after a couple of days and I'm still logged in.

4. Richard210363
    Richard210363 Member
    It seems to have been a back end database problem associated with my login. Other parts of my profile whice were misbehaving e.g. deleting a mesh, are now functioning again.
    Incedently, login cookies tend to have a time to live stamp that is compared against current time and you are logged in or out accordingly. That the time-out is now working suggests that this was part of the same back end problem.