Oh No! Something Went Wrong And We Couldn’t Process Your File. Please Try Again In A Few Minutes!

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by positive_X, Nov 12, 2021.

1. positive_X
    positive_X Member
    Oh no! Something went wrong and we couldn’t process your file. Please try again in a few minutes!
    I designed a small gear in Rhino3D v.7 it is a solid [mm] .
    Exported as an obj file ~ 1MB size .
    What is going wrong in the upload ?
    GEAR_Tray_INput_023_20211112_022546_538.png

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
  3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Not sure if you already sent the file, but 9/10 times it's caused by the units.

you mention the file is OBJ, which usually exports in centimeters.
    So if you designed it in mm, and OBJ exports it in cm, the model ends up 10 times smaller than expected -> and thus being too small in any of our materials.

Rescaling the model times 10 or changing the export unit should fix it.

If not, there might be something else (like an unintentional shell thats too small to be printed on its own)

Cheers
    ,Mitchell

4. bikeracer85
    bikeracer85 Member
    I'm getting the same error message. I'm uploading a model that's nearly identical to one I've uploaded many times in the past, but it's not working for some reason. The model is attached here (if you're able to help troubleshoot)!

Thank you!

Attached Files:

5. wwwitalik
    wwwitalik Member
    I agree. The same issue is here

6. bikeracer85
    bikeracer85 Member
    Update: I ended up getting notifications a few hours later that the models were ready to print and everything was fine

7. positive_X
    positive_X Member
    Truns out to be a cryptic error message :
    the up-load had multiple bodies .

8. ComradeWave
    ComradeWave Active Member
    I cannot upload my color 3D model with textures no matter what I try. I've tried .WRL, .OBJ, and .DAE in a zipped folder yet every time it tells me "Something went wrong" or the "Oh no!" message. I've also tried rescaling it and uploading it in multiple different scales, but I still cannot get the model to work.

I don't understand what is wrong.

9. Bobbiethejean
    Bobbiethejean Well-Known Member
    This keeps happening to me too. I upload my model, it works fine, but oh no, it's upside-down and of course, even a decade later, Shapeways still has no way to easily orient a model so I have to go back into Zbrush, flip it, and reupload. Oh no! Suddenly, for some reason, it doesn't work. Literally all I did was turn it around.

It's incredibly frustrating.