Looking For Help/hire For A Design/part

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by davec426913, Mar 18, 2017.

1. davec426913
    davec426913 Member
    I'm not currently in the 3D printing space (though I may have to, if I can't find what I need).

I have a project for which I need a very specific part built. - my project is actually in brass (but plastic will do for the part). I've looked all over for alternate solutions, whether in hobby shop parts or scratch-building it myself but have not found anything suitable - so I'm looking at making what I need.

This is what caught my eye.
    [​IMG]

But of course, mine is custom.

What I need is a four-way inline ball joint where all four joints are equidistant.i.e. imagine a tetrahedron with an positionable post sticking out of each vertex. The posts need to rotate in at least a 90 degree arc (45 degrees away from axis).

(I can upload a sketch if need be)

The trick is that is has to be TINY. Like a half inch tiny. The whole thing - all four joints in one. If that's too small, I'll have to scale my project up. to match the smallest sized joints I can make.

Assuming a prototype works, I'd be looking for about 2 dozen of them.

Any takers?

2. Mateasse
    Mateasse Member
    I'd like to take this. Could you give me the dimensions? A sketch will help. Thanks

3. hanelyp
    hanelyp Well-Known Member
    A tetrahedron with snap on/off ball joints at the vertices. I presume various combinations of balls and sockets at the vertices. I'm not sure how well it would work with the surface finish delivered in the printing, but minimum dimensions shouldn't prevent less than 1/2 inch max dimensions on the part. And on a sprue to get several in a print.

4. hanelyp
    hanelyp Well-Known Member
    Is this roughly what you're looking for?
    [​IMG]

5. designsoul
    designsoul Well-Known Member
    Hi, this is very feasible using nylon. I sent you a PM.

6. davec426913
    davec426913 Member
    Thanks. It looks like Jacant has a pretty good handle on it.