Greetings from Scotland

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 666156_deleted, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Hello Shapeways people, im amazed i've only just learned about this community, i certainly hope to make some new friends along the way :)

SO, about me, 35 years old, ex police officer living in scotland, UK, i currently work as a security consultant but in my spare time i love making digital art, im completely self taught and very proficient in the follwing software:

Zbrush
    3ds Max
    Keyshot
    Marvelous Designer
    Photoshop
    After Effects

I never ever thought about getting any of my models 3D printed ot sold, but my latest creation "Walter" has sparked alot of interest online and i just joined Shapeways as i hope they can help bring my ideas to life. - As of right now i dont have the first idea about this type of stuff.

"Walter" is the first in a long series of cute creature sculpts i will be creating over the
    next wee while.

[​IMG]

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome! We have loads of Zbrusk and Max users here to learn from. I use Keyshot myself (Love It!). He's too darn cute! I'd print him in full color sandstone, lightly clear coat the body, put a thick clear coat on the eyes, and make the cape out of cloth. Just my 2 cents :)

3. Thankyou ever so much :)

Fingers crossed i can do so, ive never done anything like that before, so fingers crossed Shapeways can help with that process :)

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    If you need help, we have the Work in Progress section, and down in support we have 3D applications and 3D printing. Do a search and the answer is probably already on here somewhere. But if you can't find it, post and we'll help.

5. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Nice work.

You should definitely try adapting the model for printing. Check out the design guidelines for Full Color Sandstone to get started, plus tap the knowledge base that is the forums.

BTW there are a few of us in Scotland - myself and designer Dotsan are based in Glasgow. It is my intention to organise another meetup some time in the spring, I'll post more information closer to the time.

Steven