Black Cat Model [avengers Academy Mobile Game Version]

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 1333317_deleted, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello there! I would like to commission someone to model Black Cat from the mobile game Avengers Academy! (In this game, it's basically like Marvel's most famous heroes and villains going to college together while still trying to fight evil, a few of the older heroes being teachers.) I voice the character in game, and she's been one of my favorite characters to play, especially since before landing the role she was one of my favorite comic book characters! I've been looking for a figure or something of Black Cat, but well, considering what Black Cat's like in the comics, most of the figures are a little too "sexy". Which is fine! But the iteration of her that I play, while she's still a bit of a stud, is a lot tamer. Probably the least sexy version of her other than the Marvel Super Hero Squad's Black Cat. And it wouldn't really feel right to get a classic Black Cat figure when the version of her I play is nothing like that!

Getting back to the point of the post, I'd like to commission the Avengers Academy game version of Black Cat, references of her at the bottom of this post. My budget, unfortunately is not too big. The most I could probably do is about $250-300 through Paypal. Lower prices are obviously welcome, but I don't want to cheat anyone out of money that they deserve. Also, I think this goes without saying, but I would not be selling it after commissioning it from you. I would just be uploading it privately here when you're done with it and printing it out for myself!

Figure requirements:
    *Doesn't need to be in color! I was hoping to print it in one of the strong and flexible materials and then paint it myself in my free time. I'm not a big fan of the sandstone material, haha, so I won't be printing it in color.
    *While I don't want the standard T-model pose, I don't need anything complex either. Just...standing. With arms crossed, or one hand on a hip, or even like she is in the third reference picture below (the smallest one). I considered having her leaning forward and blowing a kiss, and if you think you would have more fun modelling that, that's fine as well. I just don't want a dynamic pose like crouching or kicking or punching.
    *I'd like a base for the figure! Just a disc so that it'll stand upright.
    *I was hoping to have the figure stand between 4-5 inches when printed, if that's at all relevant.
    *It does not have to be one hundred percent accurate to the game's proportions. As long as her accessories, clothes, and hairstyle are there, I'll probably be happy.

All that being said, if you're interested, please do let me know and link me to your previous work! If you've done something similar in the past, it is extremely preferable if you have pictures of what you were modelling after and then the actual model, as opposed to just pictures of the 3D model.

If you have suggestions or if I left out any information that may be required to carry out the job, do let me know. I wouldn't be surprised if I left something out, considering I don't really have experience in 3D modelling. Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing from you!

black cat 1.jpg black cat 3.png
    black cat 2.jpg

2. GrumpyAlison
    GrumpyAlison Well-Known Member
    I'd be happy to help with this :)

I'll shoot you a pm with more details about pricing, etc.
    Here's a link to my website in the mean time: http://alison.friedlander.me
    This seems like it would be pretty similar to the characters I made for Mirrors of Grimaldi.

Cheers!
    -Alison

3. sergiomengual
    sergiomengual Active Member
  4. Inquiries are closed, thanks for all the responses! I've picked my modeller, but I'll definitely keep everyone who PMed me in mind for future projects! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.