Alien Covenant Ship

Discussion in 'Miniatures and Scale Models' started by sje22890, May 25, 2017.

1. sje22890
    sje22890 Member
    Model Request:

Ship from Alien Covenant. Detailed pictures at the URL below

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/K9av9

They don't sell model kits of this and it is a new movie, so more detailed info will be coming out soon regarding specs.

2. lox_501
    lox_501 Member
    Is this movie going to have 95% CGs? Im so damn tired of movies of today with too much computer bullshit!

3. YawningMan
    YawningMan Member
    I second this request! I love enormous set models as much as the next person, and if possible will always prefer a sci-fi film lean on its studio scale models for shooting over CG representations of it. However there are some things you just can't do, moving a camera around a model, or the other way around. In defense of CG use depicting the colony ship USCSS Covenant in the film "Alien: Covenant" it is an *enormous* star ship, dwarfing the other primary ships of focus in other "Alien" films. I don't know what scale might be an appropriate starting point to create a 3D-printed model of the Covenant. But I've built the Narcissus, Sulaco, and Cheyenne Dropship. And I have scale models not yet built of Nostromo and Prometheus. I would absolutely love a model kit of the Covenant ship as well. Whether it's cast in resin or a 3D print, I have no illusions it's going to be seriously pricey...

4. Personally, I'd like to have a kit of the Lifter. Would love specs for the Lifter - I might even try building one myself!