Minfigcustomsin3d 20.000 Items Sold

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by woody64, Apr 2, 2024.

1. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    story not finished yet ...

... still a long time after the last post (10.000 items sold), but counting the Sales Csv and taking into consideration the there missing items before 2011 it seems I have passed the 20.000 items level.

Some statistical remarks:
    • yearly number of items between 1.000 and 2.500 with a significant decrease last year
      • decrease caused by an Aliexpress offering of items recently covered by me
      • growing number of people offering such items in own shops (mostly printed with home devices)
    • number of sold items is counted based on an item as I see it (one helmet, ...)
      • without packs of 5x or 10x items pricing would be far beyond the customer's possibilities
    • main items
      • helmets and equipment for the Napoleonic era compatible with Lego minifigs
      • recently also a bunch of Roman and Greek items
      • and a growing number of items of middle age and renaissance items
    • materials
      • high demand for "Color" (!) black. Current favorite PA12
      • Tan seems from the surface the best option
      • all time runner "White processed versatile" due to the affordable pricing
    • social media
    • interesting events caused by this activity:
      • shop was used in Shapeways first shop anouncement
      • request for an interview with "CNN's small business solution" and "Computer Bild"
      • some interviews and mentions in the early beginnings of publishing for 3d printing
      • publishing a book "Austrian Army in LEGO®: during Napoleonic times" using the 3d designs
    • wish list:
      • black with a surface and pricing like "Tan .."
      • resin ?
      • pricing decrease for buying more then one in one material
      • reaching the $1 end customer price per item for 10x packs
    • outlook:
      • doubt there will be a 30.000 statement due to the facts mentioned above
      • but nevertheless will see additional items as long as there is a fan request

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    bwterrainforge likes this.