Photoshop Can't Run On The Pc

Discussion in 'Software and Applications' started by 2105606_deleted, Jun 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hi, I'm totally new to Adobe products and trying to find some advice.
    When I try to open a Adobe Photoshop (PSD) file I get an error: Photoshop can't run on your PC.
    It shows up for one PSD file but not others. This started after I upgraded from the trial Win 8.1 to the full release of 8.1. I've tried uninstalling Photoshop and re-installing. No help. Why does the program give me this pop up every time? Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. LoveAndShapes
    LoveAndShapes Well-Known Member
    Adobe has dedicated forums for their products. You will receive better help there.

3. For all versions of Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe has moved to a shared plugins folder. Shared Creative Cloud Location - which will load the plug-in for all installed versions of Photoshop CC (Photoshop CC & Photoshop CC 2014 & Photoshop CC 2015 & Photoshop CC 2015.5 & future versions of Photoshop CC when they are released, like CC 2017) without having to reinstall the plug-in. If you are running a CC version and receiving the ".dll is missing error" on startup, please delete all old ON1 plugin files from this folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC
    [​IMG]
    Capture.PNG
    Delete any older ON1 plugin files of ours that may still be lingering in the plugins folder or a subfolder in the plugins folder
    More info detailed info on how to fix Photoshop errors Here.

2105606_deleted likes this.
  4. Hi too, please try changing the version of Photoshop that you are using according to the Windows 8.1 version along with the bit

5. Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  6. Well, firstly, try to download something, such as BC uninstaller and try to remove it and rearrange it completely, most often this can solve the problem, and even better, as an option, use some other editor, for example, I use another Editor, learn more.