Earrings - Clip-on And Screw

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Kendal, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Kendal
    Kendal Active Member
    Hi! I'm assuming clip-on and screw earrings can't really be made here so I'm wondering, for those of you who might make these, how do you attach them to your earrings? And for regular post earrings, what do you do about the little metal bit on the back? Thanks!

2. debdeb
    debdeb Well-Known Member
    You can probably make the post if you use a pipe diameter of .8mm+ and then buy rubber backings from a jewelry supply company. I have made hoops with ear wires this way. Sometimes I need to bump up the ear wire diameter ever so slightly to pass wall thickness limits. See below link example

https://www.shapeways.com/product/N...ld-silver?optionId=63162647&li=shop-inventory

For clip-ons and screw earrings I think you would need to buy the findings and solder them to your pieces.

SnoozeAlongSnail likes this.
  3. Kendal
    Kendal Active Member
    Thank you, debdeb. :) That's kind of what I was suspecting... does anyone out there have a resource they use for findings like this? And for soldering... do you need the same kind of metal as the earrings, or what do you use to join the pieces?