Api With Variants

Discussion in 'Shapeways API' started by stonysmith, Sep 1, 2016.

1. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    With the recent introduction of Variants.. the API call: GET /models/v1 will return an error if you turn on even a single variant in your shop.

My suggestion is that GET /models/v1 should simply be extended to return both the SPIN and the Model# together, and return multiple records if a Variant has been setup. It'd be a super-easy fix, and (should not) break existing code that is in place.

2. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    So here we are - many, many months later, more than a year as a matter of fact - and, still no fix?

This is quite annoying - I've been working for weeks now on a complex product manager for my own purposes, to manage my Etsy and Shapeways shops together, which is now brought to a sudden and abrupt halt by a wall in the API that has gone unfixed for over a year.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    oops.. I should have returned to this thread before now....
    As of about three weeks ago, the API call GET /models/v1 has been updated so as to not throw an error if you have any variants. It now returns the full list of all Models by Model#

It still does not return the SPIN vs Model# cross-reference that I would wish for, but at least it doesn't abort any more.

4. PeregrineStudios
    Sorry, I should have actually been more clear myself: GET /models/v1 is not the issue as a matter of fact. The issue is
    GET /models/{modelId}/v1 (when querying for a single model). I still receive an error that I cannot query an individual model that is a variant.

5. PeregrineStudios
  6. UtorCase
    UtorCase Well-Known Member
    Any progress here? Can we set variants via the API?