Help With Grayscale/gradients In Pendant Creator

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by Heartstrung, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Heartstrung
    Heartstrung Member
    Hi all,

I've not posted here before... I just learnt recently about the Pendant Creator and got all excited about the ease of use! I love to draw things by hand. However, first off, I wanted to try something using an image I created in Inkscape. It's a pullring and I was hoping that by using a combination of a gradient (within Inkscape) and smoothing (within the app), I'd be able to create the shape I'm after.

However I can't quite get the ring smooth. Please see the images:

Current vs desired shape
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please could anyone confirm whether or not it's possible to get the desired curve within the app, or whether I'm better off going back to Blender.

Many thanks in advance!

Amal

2. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    I don't think the pendant creator is going to give you a linear response in terms of height vs gray scale. And that's particularly true around the edges where they might be doing other goofy things to make things more manufacturable. You might be able to download the generated pendant model and smooth the edges in another program like Blender or Meshmixer but I don't think you will be able to easily get rid of them in the pendant creator.