Product Editor Broken Again

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Bathsheba, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    This time I can't change the default variant or the default material.

This product, https://www.shapeways.com/product/HL5PTXB8X/g3-pendant, is stuck on defaults that are incompatible: the variant is not available in the material. When viewed it shows an apparently completely random material selection and image.

Please fix, thanks.

1310726_deleted likes this.
  2. mygadgetlife
    mygadgetlife Well-Known Member
    Just come to report the same thing. 'Save Changes' seems to be broken, fields revert to their default (i.e. blank) values upon reload of the page after clicking Save Changes.

3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Ohoh, I've forwarded this topic to the dev team!
    sorry guys :(

4. mygadgetlife
    Seems to be sorted. Is the 'Create Product' button new? Can't say I've noticed it before...

5. Roolz
    Roolz Well-Known Member
    Not sorted.
    I'm unable to make any change to an existing product. Can't even put it "for sale".
    Add to it the captcha thing to maximse the joy.

6. PopcornBag
    PopcornBag Member
    I have a known valid .stl that isn't being processed correctly. Is it possible that this is related?

7. Roolz
    Roolz Well-Known Member
    No idea if it's related or not. Seems like lots of stuff are broken at the moment.

I don't know if it's psychological, but it seems to me that SW breaks down much more frequently that when I registered a few years ago.

8. mygadgetlife
    Welp. I don't upload often, but when I do, there's always something not working as it should...

PopcornBag likes this.
  9. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    Also running into uplaoding problems here.

I wanted to uplaod a larger model. I get this message: "We're unable to process this file. Check your file for errors and click 'Update File' to upload a new version." in a pink box.

Maybe it was the model. So I re-uploaded an older version I've purchased once. Also this model could not be uploaded.

That is a pity since I would like to print a WSF product and take advantage of the "Take 15% off prototypes in PLA and WSF with promo code PROTOTYPING." offer.

Small models can be uploaded without issues.

Can you please solve this matter?

10. mygadgetlife
    railNscale - I was getting that error last night whenever I tried to update a model. Nothing to do with the STL - even a simple cube caused the error. I haven't had the opportunity to try again and see if this is also fixed although the 'save changes' seems to be working now for me at least. (However rendering has become chronically slow).

11. Roolz
    Roolz Well-Known Member
    :D

12. Indeed. This was broken and fixed awhile ago. Now broken again, not only for new models but trying to edit existing ones.

13. Bathsheba
    Please keep this bug open. I still cannot change the default variant or material of this product
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/HL5PTXB8X/g3-pendant.

Hope to see a fix ASAP, thanks.

14. MadAsU
    MadAsU Well-Known Member
    Any updates on this issue? I have just uploaded a model (successfully) but cannot save any changes on the product page...

15. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Can confirm that it's not currently possible to edit an existing model. Make changes, click save, page is refreshed but changes DON'T save. Tried changing product title, description, materials, prices, everything. Nothing saves. Kind of annoying. Half my items have been moved over to product variants and half are still on the old, no-longer-working system of lots of private, link-accessible products.

16. Bathsheba
    Still can't fix my product either. This is mission critical and has gone untouched for six days.

17. MrNibbles
    MrNibbles Well-Known Member
    I had horrible problems with variant set up yesterday and early today, particularly with robot captchas and photo challenges or losing all entered information, but then everything worked smoothly tonight. Things are very unsettled.

18. mygadgetlife
    Guys, so I was uploading a new image to an existing model using my iPhone (I know!) and it updated ok - this is in the last 10 minutes, BTW.

I needed to make further changes, so instead I turned to my desktop PC and did the edit there - it reloaded and undid the changes from that edit. :/

So I cleared the cookies for the last week (I'm using Chrome), tried again and it worked.

Try clearing your cookies, see if that helps.

19. Same problem here, but save button is totally absent

There is currently no way to save changes to products in my store. Not the file itself, but things like title, description, materials choices, tags, photos, videos.
    No 'save changes' button on the page, and 'view product' reverts to the pre edited, product info.
    What gives?

20. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    @ImmenseMiniatures what is your browser and system ? I do not currently see a problem editing category or description of a model with firefox (on a desktop computer). If you do not even see a "save changes" button yours might be a different and possibly browser-specific bug.
    (Seems to me this thread has collected so many "me too", most describing what seems to be a different problem in the general category of "something does not work", that it might make sense to create new topics for issues that are still open)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.