Updated Interface

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tones3d, Sep 26, 2011.

1. tones3d
    tones3d Member
    I can upload a model, I can edit all manner of attributes (description, material restrictions, tags etc.). But I cannot upload additional photos of my model when I am using my favorite browser: Opera.

If I log in using Firefox, I can add photos, but I prefer using Opera, for a myriad of reasons, and I'm slightly disappointed by the first-time occurrence of Shapeways excellent site having a browser compatibility issue.

I like the new upload page, but I'm not fully sold on the model page in editing mode; it's a slower task than it used to be, now that the basic editable options must be loaded on-demand, one at a time.

And I still revel in Shapeways' fast and excellent service: Thanks, Shapeteam.

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  3. tones3d
    tones3d Member
    OK I am NOT impressed. Having used the new interface for a few days, I have to say that I don't like it very much.

Updating a model, editing page details used to be quick and easy. Now it's slow and clunky.

I eventually found most of the edit locations, but it took some searching; I greatly prefer software and web pages which don't drastically change the user interface when they're "improved".

ALSO:
    when I updated my model, there was a text entry box for describing what I'd changed in the updated model. I don't see that text anywhere on the new model page, nor can I see a version number any more.

In fact, I have yet to see ANY benefits in the new model page: "one step sideways, two steps backwards".

Cheers,
    Tony