Yet another W.o.W

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 28396_deleted, Mar 17, 2011.

1. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    This arrived yesterday , a W.o.W character Dwarf/Garlan (don't ask me about his role or anything i've never played this game yet strangely i'm drawn to these cute fantasy creatures)

[​IMG]

(Previous posts of the process i'm using are here and here)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the gang..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next week a 4th model will arrive but this time from another 3d printing service... - i wanted to test how come their white is "so white" and not off-white and how subsequently they have really vivid colors as i see on their galleries .

Also how the heck they allow 1mm (!?) wall thickness for this mufti color material ... as stated in their website.

Will share insights when it arrives.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    You shaved him! he kinda looks like Zangief from Street Fighter now (or me before I shaved Tuesday :laughing: ). You shoulda made them so they could ride the mammoth too.

3. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    You don't have his abs! :p

I had to make the models small.. since they were rejected as "none solid" when i used my method to hollow them with exactly 3mm wall thickness - so you cant really make them "ride the mammoth" - too small for viewable details.

That other 3D printing service i talked about did accept my 4th model hollowed with an exact 3mm wall thickness.. though they allow even less thickness then that.. therefore i was able to make the model big in size and i bet the details will look great.

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    That's some good stuff you're doing there Dizingof!

[​IMG]

5. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Thanks man

Very cool stuff to experiment with. :cool:

6. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Great work there, I'm very interested in your findings with the other firm to compare, Do you know how the pricing differs?
    V

7. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    Thanks

Surprisingly the price was the same as shapeways (only few cents more). They had a 1 month trial offer of worldwide free shipping which ended 3 days ago.
    Now i read on their blog they will offer permanent free shipping worldwide but for orders above $99/ 99 Euro :confused

They have *very* cool materials i want to test.

8. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Shame I missed it, I look forward to seeing the new models.
    V