Gift Cube by OSKAR

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Oskar_van_Deventer, May 25, 2010.

1. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    Hi Shapeways fans,

Gift Cube is a fully functional Rubik's Cube with a spherical cavity inside. When solved, one layer comes off and the content can be removed from the cube.

There is a very romantic story behind this puzzle, which you can read at the Twisty Puzzles Forum. Matthew Farnsworth used the Gift Cube to propose to his girlfriend Mindy. And she said yes!

Watch the YouTube video.
    Buy the puzzle from my Shapeways Shop.
    Read more at the Twisty Puzzles Forum.
    Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar

Gift Cube - prototype - view 1.jpg

Gift Cube - prototype - view 2.jpg

Gift Cube - prototype - view 3.jpg

Gift Cube - prototype - view 4.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  2. gibell
    gibell Well-Known Member
    Great idea! How about spring loading it so it actually pops open when solved?

3. Oskar_van_Deventer
    Oskar_van_Deventer Well-Known Member
    George,

No spring loading needed. The lid just falls off. Spring loading would impede the smooth turning.

Oskar

4. 57203_deleted
    57203_deleted Member
    Oskar,
    hello my name is Jared Turgeon I am messaging here today asking if there is a way I may acquire a cube like this so that i may propose to my girlfriend. I would have bought one instead of messaging you like this had I the money, but due to several surgeries i have had to undergo as i was in an car accident several months ago. the accident made me realize that we can die at any time and that I needed to start living to the fullest. this brings me to the reason of why I would like the cube. My girlfriend of 3 years stood by me in every surgery that i had to undergo and has helped me in my recovery. I feel that it is time to ask her to be my wife as she has given me so much. If you could do this for me it would be greatly appreciated as she is a major cuber as was I before the accident and I would love to see her face as she solves the cube and the top comes off and there is her ring and as she looks at me for me to drop to one knee and propose.
    My email is JaredxTurgeon@yahoo.com please respond back

Thank you

Jared Turgeon