14k Gold Now Available Globally!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by SavIsSavvy, May 22, 2014.

1. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Droplet.jpg
    We are excited to announce that 14k Gold, the latest addition to the Shapeways material family is now available everywhere we currently ship worldwide! Your enthusiasm and patience was noted and appreciated.

Lead Time: 12 Days (16 Days for models with a bounding box greater than 56mm in all directions)

You can get all the details on the Gold Material Page. Note that Gold can now be set as a default material.

What would you like to print in Gold first?

2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Fix "Ships in 9 business days (currently available in the US only).
    13 business days for products larger
    than 56 mm in all dimensions (US only)." on material page!

3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Thanks for letting us know.

We have fixed the Gold page right away!

Mitch

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  5. numarul7
    In my country GOLD it is overtaxed ... so same question is ? How it is handled ?

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  6. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Probably the same as for silver from Shapeways...

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  7. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    Great questions, everyone. I've asked our materials team to chime in here.

8. numarul7
    Ok! Listening!

9. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

We actually discussed this earlier here: https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=884 66&&srch=hallmark#msg_88466

Here's the answer again:

Re hallmarking Silver and Gold - this varies quite a lot between countries. In the UK, in order to sell jewelry, you must get a hallmark register with the Goldsmiths Hall, and all your pieces must be assayed (tested for metal content) by the Hall who hallmark them for you before you may sell them publicly. (I know, I registered when I lived in London and it takes ages to get your jewelry back!! )

In the USA, no such restrictions apply, and as a jeweler, you are free to apply a hallmark yourself. We as Shapeways don't hallmark our silver or gold because that would mean altering your design, and that's against our terms and conditions that we promise to you.

You are free to apply a Hallmark to your metal just as you are free to add earring hooks, chains or your own packaging to your designs.

Cheers,
    Natalia

10. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    I'm confused: you, Shapeways, sell un-hallmarked silver and gold into the UK. So how does that work given what you posted?