It arrived on time.

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by MayCrown, Feb 26, 2014.

1. MayCrown
    MayCrown Member
    2.jpg
    1.jpg

Dear Shapies,

-Firstly the product has arrived just on time. I have to give credit. That's very good.
    -My design has passed the automatic inspection right away.
    -It has passed the manual inspection done by the engineers right away.
    -So the design should be OK I think.
    -I have worked very hard to make that design and was very anxious, couldn't wait to see it in real!

-But today when it arrived, I opened the pouch and saw these not so attractive cufflinks, which are so low quality, I wanted to cry.
    -They were so ruffled to the point you couldn't help but just see the waves. So distracting that you can't pay attention to other details.
    -They're like smashed and tortured by a machine after production.
    -One of the cufflinks is a lot worse than the other. It has a broken side, not a big fracture, a little part is missing, but also this cufflinks has worse quality than the other.
    -I can't believe how the quality management ignored my product and sent these like they were normal. I'm so disappointed. I had a lot of ideas and projects in my mind.
    -About the material; in another thread, I have asked other shapies about which material would be better and 2 decent guys shared their thoughts and helped me a lot. One of them, Youknowwho4eva, has shared his zipper ring made of brass. https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=18002 &start=0& Please do compare his ring to my cufflinks.
    -I'm so disillusioned now.

-And another thing is I wasn't waiting a pouch. I thought it would come in a little cufflink box, not expecting a fancy gift box, but just a box was enough.

What do you say?

Best regards,

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Did you order in raw silver?

The face of the one does look a little poor. Is that the same one with the chopped button? Email service with your concerns and they will get you straight.

We don't offer and specialized packaging currently.

3. MayCrown
    MayCrown Member
    image.jpg

Yes I have ordered raw brass, it's still written as raw brass on my order page. It's raw brass right? You see in the picture. But your ring is a better raw brass because it has a rather orange glowing hot look, while mine is literally a raw yellow thing. Why is mine so different?

This one in the picture is the better one of the pair, and yes the worse one is the chopped one also. But I'm not satisfied with both cufflinks. And if you can see, there is a color transition on this one, the right side of this cufflink has some orange region unlike the overall yellow color.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. Youknowwho4eva
    My ring was printed in raw brass. I can't really tell the scale of your items, so it's hard to tell how big the grains are. Certainly email service with all your issues, and they should be able to answer why everything happened, and be able to help you resolve your issues.

5. MayCrown
    MayCrown Member
    20140226_205729.jpg 20140226_205612.jpg
    My cufflinks size looks quite normal. I have sent a mail to customer support.

6. Youknowwho4eva
    I'd figure out about the discoloration, but the overall look of the better one I'd say is on par with what you should expect from raw brass. Raw brass is only lightly tumble polished, so you'll see print lines. I'd get an emery cloth and add a little polish to it.

7. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    I think they look alright considering both their scale and material used.
    You should use polished silver to get the high polish look you are looking for.

8. MayCrown
    MayCrown Member
    Thank you dear Innovo.

May I ask somethin? If polished silver is used,would the buttons stay? What do you think?

9. aimeemoyer
    aimeemoyer Shapeways Employee Ecommerce Team
    I'm so sorry to hear you are disappointed. If it makes you feel any better, when I saw these yesterday, I actually said out loud "Look how cool!!!!!"

I think they look lovely. But I certainly know service will help with your issues. Keep experimenting and don't be disillusioned - you're already off to a great start!

10. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    I don't have experience with silver but I think they would stay because silver retains even the finer of details...

11. MayCrown
    MayCrown Member
    SHAPEWAYS is a great team. They're printing it one more time for me. I'm writing this somewhere, I'll help em like they do when an oppurtunity comes.

I have got more 3d items that can be put on my shop. But I'm perfectionist about my works, and am going slowly. I cannot sell a product that I don't like or buy myself.

@aimeemoyer @innovo
    You are great too. You have encouraged me much. I want to thank you.
    Dear Innovo, I browsed thru your works and they're so wonderful and eye-catching.
    Dear Aimee, you're such a positive nice girl.

Best regards.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014