Preview Of Upcoming Holiday Promotions

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by virginia_gordon, Nov 19, 2018.

1. virginia_gordon
    virginia_gordon Shapeways Employee Community Team
    We’re expecting more traffic to Shapeways.com during the Thanksgiving holiday week and especially Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Here is a preview of our promotions to help you.

Creator Sale | November 22-26
    15% off your own model, including those made with our Creator Apps and on Spring & Wonder

Design with Shapeways Sale | November 22-26
    25% off your initial design package

Cyber Monday Sale | November 26 Only
    15% off sitewide on your own models and Shapeways marketplace

The codes will be on the site during the promotions, and we will also email them to you. You can subscribe to our emails here. Shop owners, we’re excited for you to share the good news with your own customers for Cyber Monday!

Here’s to a great holiday season.

2. FreeRangeBrain
    FreeRangeBrain Active Member
    Given the current pricing kerfuffle? Hard pass on buying anything until 2019.

Spitfire2865 likes this.
  3. lawrencekramer2014
    lawrencekramer2014 Well-Known Member
    Just so I understand, automatically on November 26, 2018, if a customer orders something from my shapeways marketplace shop, or my shopify shop with manual shapeways app fulfillment, they will be charged 15% less.
    Is that 15% less than the price I show (which includes my gross margin) or 15% less on the COGS from shapeways (which the customer never sees)? Which is it? How do I express this to the customers? What does the customer see?

4. virginia_gordon
    On November 26th a promo code will be provided across the site to all customers shopping on Shapeways. This 15% off discount will apply to the base cost of the model and will not be taken out of your markup.

For Shopify integration users, this code will not work on your shop. Customers will see the price you have listed on your Shopify site and you as the shop owner will have the option to extend the discount to your customers or receive the additional 15% margin. The discount will automatically be applied to any orders placed on Cyber Monday that are processed through the integration. If you are a Shopify integration user you will receive an email with detailed information regarding the sale. Please reach out to storefronts@shapeways.com if you have any questions surrounding the app.

Adela likes this.
  5. lawrencekramer2014
    OK, hmmm, My customers at the shapeways marketplace only see the total cost of an item.
    Is there an automated way to determine the discount and express it to visitors for each variant and material (over 900 in my shop) ? I'm just looking for a friendly way to communicate with shoppers. Please provide some advice or instructions.

6. virginia_gordon
    It is 15% off the total price, but the entire discount comes out of the base cost of the model. This leaves your markup untouched. Hope this helps!

adbinc and draichman like this.
  7. lawrencekramer2014
    Yes, thank you, that does help to make it more clear.

8. swinks
    swinks Active Member
    any chance to get the Cyber Monday code earlier as prior years this was helpful for promotion via forums so people can look and plan and purchase

9. virginia_gordon
    We will be displaying the codes on site on Cyber Monday 12 am EST and sending out an email with the code the day of.

The discount will be 15% off site wide off your own models and the marketplace. Thanks!

EvieL and shawn_halayka like this.
  10. virginia_gordon
    Our Cyber Monday offer has been extended until the end of Tuesday! Take an extra day to browse and shop on Shapeways.com for 15% off sitewide* with code HAPPYMONDAY.

This is truly our best offer of the year so don’t miss out. Set yourself a reminder to order before November 28 at 3AM EST.

Happy Holiday shopping!

draichman likes this.
  11. Dirtboy54
    Dirtboy54 Member
    I had ordered several parts, and three came back as unprintable in the material I'd selected. (This came back on the 27th.) I'd asked to have them printed in a lower quality material and was told the discount would not apply.

You REALLY can't slip me the 15% discount on them? Given the pricing issues that continue, you seem to be doing you're best to push customers from returning. :/

12. 3Dynamics
    3Dynamics Member
    Are there any Holiday promotions this year (2019)?

gvv001 and adbinc like this.
  13. ecs_norway
    ecs_norway Well-Known Member
    A lot of us are hoping there will be.

EvieL likes this.
  14. EvieL
    EvieL Well-Known Member
    Especially when the last promotion excluded semi and precious metals.

Genghis, chanusa and FerretDesigns like this.
  15. 3Dynamics
    3Dynamics Member
    @virginia_gordon: are there any promotions this year? Could you tell us so that we could inform our customers?

16. swinks
    swinks Active Member
    any news on sales offers, would be nice for shop owners to promote

17. bwterrainforge
    bwterrainforge Well-Known Member
  18. swinks
    swinks Active Member
    bumpty bump

19. It's very weird that hard to find the discount information
    I search the e-mail from rubbish bin and found a inconspicuous file which said deadline was Dec 23
    but month ago while I signed the website , there was no advertisement
    and today is black friday , I realized that maybe your holiday promotion ends...
    no discount today maybe this year
    I think that's why I stop shopping here since 2 years ago...
    Its not the first time I want to buy something but cant wait any discount information in these years
    Are your marketapartment serious?

20. So I take it that there will be NO sales or promotions this Black Friday/Cyber Monday at all? Shame, I was holding off on an order in the hope that there would be a BF/CM offer here (because there's been one every single year for as long as I can remember) but I think I'm just gonna spend my money elsewhere now...

Why no offers this year?