Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Introductions » Hello from Toronto
Search Search  
Hello from Toronto [message #47259] Fri, 20 April 2012 15:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar john_  is currently offline john_
Go to all my models
Hi there,

I'm handy with 2D graphics, but 3D sculpting and printing is a total mystery to me; it looks like what's possible here is pretty exciting.

I got on to this whole thing last Christmas when I was looking for a place in Toronto that could laser-cut designs out of sheet metal to make a necklace for my girlfriend on a university student budget. And... no.

I've looked at other sites like Ponoko, and just today I discovered 123D, so I'm wondering if anyone has an idea if one service maybe suited better to someone like me given that I am:

1. Most likely to do one-off, small designs in 2D and 3D
2. In Canada
3. Cost-conscience
4. Happy to take a bunch of time learning any kind of software if it expands my options creatively or lowers the cost of printing.

Thanks for your time!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Hello everyone!
Next Topic:3D Cad Designer
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.