Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Printed models by our community
Search Search  
icon9.gif  Printed models by our community [message #3936] Wed, 15 April 2009 19:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hi all,

In the home page, there is section called "printed models by our community" which contains the images of the latest models that have been uploaded.

Unfortunately, very often, these images are only computer generated, and do not imply that the model has ever been printed.

That's a pity because for someone who wants to purchase an object, knowing that it has already been printed (well, already sucessfully been printed) is very important.

I suggest adding a check box when uploading an image to specify whether the image is computer generated or a picture of the actual printed object. It should not been very complex to do and if everybdy is a little bit disciplined, it could work...

More generally, I think it would be valuable to add a tag (or something) specifying whether an object has already been sucessfully printed and can be ordered safely. But I understand that this can be more complex...

What do you think ?

So many things to design, so little time...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Weight calculator
Next Topic:Gallery 3D Viewer
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.