Home » Support » 3D Design » Polishing silver
Search Search  
Polishing silver [message #43396] Fri, 03 February 2012 17:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TajTiger  is currently offline TajTiger
Go to my shop
Hi,

So lately I've been plagued with rejected models in an attempt to produce Silver (Glossy) pendants that are joined together with sprues to reduce the initial handling costs when buying three (or more) at a time.

I've got it to the point where the model is printable, however the last hurdle seems to be the polishing part. I'm being told that the model cannot be cleaned/polished, and that I must order it in the Silver (Standard) finish if I want it printed that way.

Since I'll be cutting the sprues myself, I'll be able to separate the pendants in, I'm assuming, will be in a polishable state.

I'm debating on how to continue. I'm not a jeweler, but I may have some tools appropriate for the job. I'm wondering, does anyone know of any resources for polishing silver in the state given by Shapeways? Most of the search results I get for "polishing silver" give me tips on how to clean it, not polish it from a rough state.

One other side question: Are you being told when making sprues that they have to be > 2.0 mm in diameter? Seems overkill for something no bigger than 25 mm in size.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:human form mesh
Next Topic:Mineways .wrl problem
Goto Forum: